Joola Tour 2500 Review
JOOLA is a very famous name in the field of table tennis equipment manufacturer and dealer. Launched in 1950, JOOLA is among one the top sports Brands, which has been sponsored for many famous sports tournaments worldwide including the Olympics and US Open.
There are a lot of table tennis tables that we can get in the market. Joola is among one of the top table tennis tables that sponsor a number of Olympic suppliers their tables.
This is among the top models in the tour series. It has a thick top of 25 mm. the other tour models have a thickness of 15 and 18 mm. This implies that this model is heavier than the other models. Transporting the model is a bit tough but you have a good bounce in this table.
The model is cheaper than the other models that have a 25mm thick top. You can have a good quality of bounce with this table and that too at a very reasonable price. One of the tough competitors of the table tennis table is the Stiga Advantage.
The Stiga in comparison is lightweight and has a top of 16mm.
JOOLA Tour has got very good ratings among the range of table tennis table, let look what good features it has –
JOOLA Tour Models-
JOOLA Tour is the series of Table Tennis Table, which comes in different models. The JOOLA Tour Series has three models.
- First is JOOLA Tour 1500, it has 15 mm thickness of the surface.
- Second is the JOOLA Tour 1800 which has 18 mm of thickness. The size decides the quality of bounce of the ball during shots, so lower thickness provides less bounce for the ball.
- The third is JOOLA Tour 2500 which has a maximum size of thickness; 25 mm, among the three models.
JOOLA Tour 2500 Table Tennis with Competition Net and Post
JOOLA Tour 2500 Review and Buyer guide
Let us now head on to see the features of the Joola Tour 2500 table tennis table.
Most of the table tennis tables range from a half to full inch thickness that is the standard thickness of the tournament tables. The table comes in once in the standard top that is the requirement of the ITTF. This is, therefore, the perfect choice and you will get a great training experience with it.
The material that is used to make this table tennis table is medium density fibreboard. It makes use of the polyurethane process to make it resistant to chipping.
It has good thickness and the paint allows you to have a consistent bounce every time you play. Using this you can play well.
The frame and the undercarriage of the table do not get worn easily as they are coated with powder. The frame is thick and gives support to the knocks and shakes.
The corners are also protected with the protectors and they help resist chipping.
The undercarriage of the table tennis table is of 50mm, 50mm dimensions. The table has thick steel legs so that it can reinforce the sturdiness.
The caster wheels of the table tennis table are upgraded to 4 inches from 3 inches. He legs are also having adjustable rubber at their ends that can help to adjust the height of the table. The net and posts that you get with most of the table tennis tables are not of good quality. But the net and the posts that you get with this table tennis table are approved by USATT.
You can easily attach and detach these. It has a ring that helps you in adjusting the tension.
The assembly of the table is quite tough as it is heavy and has a thick top. Some might need an extra person to assemble it while some can do it alone. You can also pay for the assembly services.
To assemble this table you need caster T bracketed legs ad this needs a socket wrench.
The table is almost preassembled but you still need to put some efforts to assemble it. There are 8 screws in the package. If you have another person hen you can easily assemble it in 15 minutes.
In this section, we will see the features that are important for the customers to know. The table is divided into two halves. Each half of the table has a trundle system that helps to transport the pieces easily. This makes the process very easy.
When you fold the halves of the table, the legs will automatically fold up and it further adds to the convenience of the customer. By using this feature you can even place one half of the table in the playback position and play or practise individually.
- The table comes as 95% assembled which only takes 10 to 15 minutes to get ready to play. you would only have to stand it on its leg and start to play.
- The quality of the tournament-grade net is best with easy to attach and remove designed. The net and the post set that you can attach with the table by a clamp.
- The net is quite adjustable that you can make it according to various standards.
- The dimension of the surface is 9×5 which is a regular size. The thickness is available in three sizes of 15, 18 and 25 mm. The 25mm; 1 inch is the ideal size.
- The surface is made from MDF – Medium Density Fibreboard, the surface is painted with blue color which is a multi-layer colored with provides perfect bounce to the ball.
- The surface holder frame has 50 mm thickness for 25 mm surface – The official size for any tournament.
- The frame provides a great base for surface and good support for the table. The corners of it are safe for any kind of injury to players. The frame is made with black coated steel which makes both sides of the table easy foldable.
- After folding the table it will take a very small place to keep safe.
Tour 2500 has a total of eight wheels each of 4 inches, four wheels in each half side. The wheels are larger than its previous version and have a lock system that it has become more convenient to move and keep stable.
The main legs are height adjustable and The very bottom of the legs has rubber surface.
Key Points of JOOLA Tour 2500 –
- Standard surface thickness
- Good Adjustable frame
- Easy to on and off with adjustable folding legs
- Practice alone – if you want to practice alone then you can fold one half of it very easily and use it as a wall in front of you.
- More strong wheels
- Storage dimension – 24.5” x 62.25 x 64”
- USATT approved model
- The surface thickness is regulated
- The frame and the undercarriage are strong.
- It is fully preassembled.
- The legs fold automatically
- Playback position can be used for practising individually
- It is very heavy.
Overall it is a good table tennis table for real match practice. It will cost you under $700, comparable less to other table tennis tables as they cost $1000. The table tennis table is very unique. It has been approved by the USATT and is accessible for a lot of recreational facilities, schools and families. This is the best table you can buy and it can be used easily.