Top 6 Forehand Rubbers for Table Tennis
In this article, we will be discussing the forehand rubbers for table tennis. Many of the players have that doubt in mind about whether the forehand and backhand are the same. Well, it is important for them to know that both have different mechanisms.
Best Forehand Rubbers for Table Tennis
Let us now proceed to see the best 6 forehand rubbers with their benefits and drawbacks.
1. DHS Hurricane 3 National (blue sponge rubber)
This is one of the best forehand rubbers and it can be used by both the top and junior players. Most of the Hong Kong players use this forehand rubber.
Let us see some of the specifications of this forehand rubber.
DHS NEO Hurricane 3 Table Tennis Rubber
- It has a thickness of 2.15 mm.
- The colour of the sponge is blue
- The hardness of the forehand rubber is 39-40 DHS degrees.
This is one of the high speed and spiny rubbers. This is highly recommended and suits the best for the forehand play. The rubber spins very easily and has a high speed.
- Good for offensive play
- It helps to get a good game with perfect spin and speed.
- Using these users can push, touch shots, and also block.
- The sponge is soft.
- The sponge is very dense and hard sometimes and lowers the speed.
- There are pimps on the rubber.
2. Stiga Calibra LT+
If you do not find the hurricane rubber then you can go for the Stiga one as it is one of the best alternatives for it. This rubber has a low throw along with a long trajectory.
It might not be as spiny as you would like to have but it is still very fast and has good characteristics.
Let us look at some of the specifications of the rubber:
- The hardness of the rubber is 52 ESN degree
- It has a thickness of 2.20mm.
- The color of the sponge is orange.
This is classified as one of the rubbers that are fast and has a soft stroke. The top sheet of this rubber is not tacky and is not recommended for beginners. These rubbers are very suitable due to its speed and the attractive top sheet.
- Has good speed and long trajectories.
- The top surface is not tacky as like others.
- Best for professional players
- Has good power.
- Difficult to spin
- It has a low throw
Also, the ball sinks well into the rubber and the player has good control over it. Low throw might be difficult for the opponent to counter so it can be used as a benefit.
3. Tenergy 05 Hard
Players usually prefer the harder sponge and the best poly ball and so it is very suitable to fit in the requirements. This is very suitable for most of the players because in this the harder the players hit on the forehand side the better it works. It is a powerful piece that has a better spin than the normal version.
Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard Table Tennis Rubber
Most of the pro players use this rubber for the forehand side; this is because it gives a reliable spin with very fast play. Also, it has high curve rallies and high spin.
- Powerful and strong rubber
- High speed and spin
- Sponge is hard
- It is not suitable for beginners
4. Stiga Mantra H
This is the higher version of Stiga Calibri LT+. The problem that the users might face with the lower version is that it does not have high durability. After the use of 1-2 months, it might lose its grip. But this is not the case with this rubber as it will last longer.
Some of the specifications of the product are:
- The hardness of the rubber is 50 ESN degrees.
- It has a thickness of 2.20mm.
- The color of the sponge is orange.
This is one of the best rubbers as it is consistent. It might not be as fast as the Calibri LT+ but it is linear. The hard sponge helps the player to get a good feel and along with that they also get high attacking possibilities.
The speed is high and the rubber is very effective to play. The blocking abilities of the rubber are very good too. It becomes effective from a very short distance.
The hard rubber suits very well for the forehand play and we see that it helps to get a linear feeling.
- Highly effective play and strokes
- Good blocking abilities
- Good for fitting and loop kill.
- Has a powerful profound attack.
- Not very fast
This gives good loop drives and counters topspin too. This is one of the top choices for professional players.
5. XIOM Omega ASIA
This is a hard sponge and is made with a combination of elastic rubber and an adherent. This technology works out better because of Dynamic Friction Technology. It has better synchronization and will give you a powerful game with it.
XIOM Omega V Asia Black Max Rubber
There are a lot of good spins for you. It is very suitable for the Asian attacking style.
Some of the specifications of the product are listed below:
- It has a hardness of 52.5 ESN degrees.
- The thickness is of 2.30 mm.
- The color of the sponge is black.
This is a very suitable forehand rubber which gives good play and linear feeling. This is the best suited for hitting and loop ills. Also gives a good amount of profound attack.
- Fast rubber and a hard sponge.
- Professional level play.
- Good vibration and fit for forehand
- Loop kills and powerful attack is the best.
- Not preferred for beginners.
6. TG Skyline 3
This is one of the best choices for the forehand rubbers as it gives you a low throw angle that is very suitable in some cases. It fits very well on the forehand side and gives a very good play.
The rubber is hard and very good for the forehand spins. Let us look at the specifications of the product.
DHS Skyline TG 3 NEO Table Tennis Rubber
- The thickness of the product is 2.15 mm.
- The color of the sponge is orange and also available in blue color.
- The sponge hardness is 39 DHS degrees.
Using this rubber the players can have a very will shot without using much force. It depends on the styled of the play. The players can use the topspin as well as the powerful loop kill style.
This rubber is made with a new technique that is fast and has good attacking power.
The loop drive is also very good. This is for a good distance attack and the playstyle is also good. The block over is very good and the loop attack can be used at a middle distance.
This can be used as one of the alternatives for DHS hurricane rubber. This can be said as one of the hardest rubbers that can be used to play. The break-in can be used with the help of a booster.
- Has good loop drive and attacking power.
- Different spins can be used.
- Fast and has good forehand shots.
- Might cause an unforced error.
The users can go through the above guide and know about the top 6 forehand rubbers that they can easily use for their good play.
- 10 Best Table Tennis Rubbers Reviews (2020 Latest)
- Difference Between Ping Pong and Table Tennis
- How To Weatherproof A Ping Pong Table Easily At Home (DIY)
- Table Tennis Training Robot V989e
- 1 Best Forehand Rubbers for Table Tennis
- 2 DHS NEO Hurricane 3 Table Tennis Rubber
- 3 STIGA Unisex's LT Calibra
- 4 Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard Table Tennis Rubber
- 5 STIGA Unisex's Mantra M
- 6 XIOM Omega V Asia Black Max Rubber
- 7 DHS Skyline TG 3 NEO Table Tennis Rubber