10 Best Table Tennis Blades Review
If you wish to beat everyone in a game of table tennis game, then other than professional expertise, you need good accessories. The blade comes at the top priority when you think of accessories of the table tennis game. The blade along with the rubber makes the player play with adequate speed and spin. The blade, as spoken by Chinese coaches, should be an extension of your hand, and that is how you will be able to procure the spin.
Top 10 Professional Table Tennis Blades
As there are certain brands offering different blades, we will be sorting out a few for you, with the best quality and price combined.
1. Butterfly Viscaria
The table tennis blade of ALC level is for the professional players. This stands for acrylic carbon make, and that makes it one of the best blades with high-quality carbon material.
- Butterfly Viscaria is a lightweight blade. But it will enable you to put the right amount of weight on the handle while you will be hitting the ball.
- The blade has a definite sweet spot so you get to practice more power play.
- You can grip the topspin counter-attack style while coming close to the middle. This is just the right kind of stroke for the backhand attack.
- This is an all-rounder while being fast and spinny at the same time. Offensive playing will be easy with this blade.
- You can control the placement of the ball and thus can make consistently great shots.
- The power output of the users is greatly optimized by Butterfly Viscaria blade.
- Refined construction
- Enlarged sweet spot
- For professionals
- Great for offensive and defensive play
- Not for the amateurs
- Hard to control
2. Butterfly Timo Boll
Most of the paddlers are now opting for Butterfly Timo Boll blade, as it is really well crafted and durable. The blade provides the right kind feel and when you want to play conveniently, this blade is there to offer you enough speed.
Butterfly Timo Boll
- Butterfly Timo Boll ALC blade is lightweight but pretty durable. You can master European looping style of play with this blade.
- Speed and control, both can be achieved when you use the Butterfly Timo Boll blade.
- The ST handle blade makes the game exciting for the intermediate level players, so it is an all-round blade in a professional table tennis game.
- Butterfly is famous for providing quality blades at a distinct price. For quick attackers, they have provided Butterfly Timo Boll.
- It gives you the competitive speed and edgy strokes. Power playing is a mastery that you can gain while playing against a weak opponent.
- The AL carbon of this blade allows you to get a heavy spin with soft touch and control.
- There are wood layers placed close together so the contact with the ball is dampened for more feel.
- The carbon plies are identical and it offers the most popular attack.
- Five wood and two arylate carbon fiber layers
- Huge amount of power and speed
- Three handle style available-anatomic, flared and straight
- Soft-touch and control
- Butterfly rubber only suits with it
3. Stiga Clipper Classic
The renowned brand Stiga has always provided us with quality sports items. The Clipper Classic paddle is no exception as well. This is a nice combination of strength and durability, and most of the professional players have positive feedback about this one.
- This is just the right category of the paddle for the power players. When you wish to apply stroke with power, Stiga Clipper Classic will help you a lot.
- The Master FL handle of this paddle makes it easy to hold and allows you a comfortable grip. You can apply Chinese pen-hold technique to hold this paddle if you find that convenient, and the strokes will be as powerful as ever.
- This is a seven-ply blade and that means you will feel the kick of the ball and it will grab the ball for longer on the paddle.
- The rating of Stiga Clipper Classic is great when it comes to speed. However, control is not so great.
- This is one of the most famous blades among Asian players, who love to play the game with aggression.
- Pricewise it is not very cheap, but not very high as well, so you can get it if you prefer to have a powerful gameplay.
- 7 ply blade
- Great power
- Control not good enough
4. Butterfly Primorac Carbon
This is a blade with a simple design and people love it for its controlling ability. When the players need intense speed then it will work for them. Not only that, the need for speculation and hold over the ball can be achieved with Primorac Carbon FL blade.
- As we have already mentioned, Primorac Carbon FL is great for having the grip and control over the ball. Naturally, it offers better responsiveness in the game.
- The construction of this blade is great. Carbon and wood make and the flared designed handle helped this blade to be the favourite choice of professionals.
- This is a 7 ply blade which combines strength and control. The use of TAMCA carbon fibres in the base of this blade and cypress wood make this a stable product with a good balance of both the features.
- Attacking with this FL blade is easy and you will get good result when playing in fighting mode.
- This is one of the fastest blades and is great for the aggressive players. But it does never lack inconsistency or control at the same time.
- Great handling
- Mix of cypress and TAMCA carbon
- Offensive playing
- Not great for spin
- Difficult to adjust for the beginners
5. Butterfly Petr Corbel
This is another great product from the renowned brand Butterfly. The blade works great for the players with attacking style. This 5 ply blade will offer great offensive technology and comfort with strength.
Butterfly Petr Korbel
- This is an all-wood five-ply blade and it offers a great range of playing styles. The Limba wood make of this blade offers reliability and consistency for the performer.
- Loop playing is simple and easy with Petr Corbel.
- You can strike the strong drive shots with this blade.
- As it does not have any carbon fiber mix, it offers good topspin.
- The sweet spot is not very distinct in this blade, but for the entry-level players, it will be a comfortable instrument.
- Pocket friendly
- Good topspin
- Great handling
- Versatile playing
- Not very rigid
- With less fee for the ball
6. DHS Hurricane Long 5- looping machine
This 5 ply blade, as mentioned in the name, is a great friend of the players who prefer to play with a light hand. The medium-large head makes it a great weapon for defensive playing.
- You can fix it with the hard Chinese rubber to get the great fit. You will find it suitably fixed to your forehand. If you wish to play backhand, then go for ESN rubber.
- For the looping, it will work from mid to far end.
- The players with the forehand dominant style will find it most convenient.
- This is a fast blade with excellent control. You can hold the ball and push it fast with all your strength to get at the weakest point of your opponent.
- As the DHS Hurricane is one of the most flexible blades, it helps you to spin and feel the ball easily. You will get the combination of hard rubber on forehand for this blade.
- Dwell time and large head makes it work like a looping machine.
- Great control
- Attacking power
- Large head
- Very flexible
- Not for the high-level players
7. Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC
Use of ZL carbon has made this blade unique. This is one of the oldest models of Butterfly blades, which was created with the use of this carbon.
- There is layered carbon in this blade which allows the power play. You can hit the ball with ample strength.
- The controlling power over the ball will not be lost even when you are applying so much power. That is one more exquisite feature of this blade.
- The ball can have enough vibration and reaction within the fraction of seconds it hits the blade.
- The use of 5 ply and 2 carbon sheets makes this blade a hard thing. The outer veneer gives protection against strength and damage. The hybrid construction makes it very responsive.
- The Zhang Jike Super ZLC is a combination of strength and flexibility. It is able to generate ample power for each precise shot.
- This blade is suitable for offensive style playing due to its rugged construction.
- The expanded sweet spot makes it a great weapon for dwelling the ball.
- Powerful offensive playing
- Durable hybrid construction
- Large sweet spot
- Difficult for the beginners to handle
- Speed controlling is tricky
8. Yasaka Sweden Extra
This one is a relatively new entry among the much used and renowned blades mentioned in the list. It is more popular in Sweden but is gaining attention now from the table tennis players all over the world.
YASAKA Sweden Extra
- The aggressive players who prefer to keep the game-high on energy will not love this blade. But regular playing experience will make them understand that Yasaka Sweden Extra is here to focus on the controlling of the balls.
- The strength while speeding the game is average, but once you are habituated with this blade, you will gain confidence.
- For the strategic players, this is nice equipment. You can consider this premium blade if you love to play with thoughtful strokes and plans.
- The Yasaka Sweden Extra is heavier than most of its contemporaries. This weight gives the blade the extra strength and it makes the blade more controlling.
- If you are aiming for a speedy game, then this may not be the right choice, as it will slow down the general speed of the game.
- Strong built
- Good dwelling ability
9. Nittaku Acoustic
This is another 5 ply blade in our list from a different brand. Offensive players will find it interesting and useful.
NITTAKU Acoustic Carbon
- The blade is made with the special wood lamination technology. This is a unique quality among blades, as this technology is generally used in stringed instruments.
- The Nittaku Acoustic blade is made of thicker wood which produces solid feeling and helps you to play the topspin shots nearer to the table.
- The blade will offer clear feel and vibration of the ball while being hit. This way you will be able to estimate the hitting time and dwelling time.
- You will be able to play a consistent game with this blade. The power and speed of this blade is great.
- For the developing and advanced players, this Nittaku Acoustic blade will be much helpful.
- Good power
- Strong wooden built
- Great dwelling time
- Clear feel and vibration
- Not very powerful
10. Joola Rossi Emotion
Joola is already a famous name in the field of sports items. This Rossi Emotion blade is a favorite of all the table tennis players due to its expanded sweet spot.
- The blade is created with the carbon fibre and while building the blade it is placed next to the Ayous. This is the reason for the expanded sweet spot which enhances the control and feedback of the blade.
- The soft feel of this blade makes it comfortable and sensitive to the hitting. Hinoki surface is specially selected for this blade and it enables the blade with a special trajectory.
- Feeling as well as play is in balance in this Rossi Emotion blade. This is why this blade is suitable for the mid-distance players.
- The light feel makes the player have control on the ball and also have lightweight swing.
- Aggressive players will find it interesting when they need to keep control during the high-velocity swings.
- Expanded sweet spot
- Great feel and control
- Not enough powerful
Aspects of the blade
- Different branded blades offer a different level of speed. The player knows which speed is convenient for him or her and choosing the right blade helps the game to be more enhanced.
- Generally, for the faster blades, a soft rubber is just the right combination. The right blade decides the right playing style. It should give you the feel when the ball touches the blade.
- The kick effect is produced when the bounce is fast. The right blade will enable you to gain the ability to spin so you can hold the ball longer on your racket.
- The blade should give you the power when you are playing from far from the table.
You must know about the features of the blades and various abilities of different blades. Also you must consider the techniques you are comfortable with, as that varies with different blades from various brands. Buying the right kind of blade will only help you to improve the game.
- 1 Top 10 Professional Table Tennis Blades
- 2 Butterfly Viscaria
- 3 Butterfly Timo Boll
- 4 STIGA Clipper CR
- 5 Butterfly Primorac Carbon
- 6 Butterfly Petr Korbel
- 7 DHS Hurricane Long 5 Racket Blade
- 8 Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC
- 9 YASAKA Sweden Extra
- 10 NITTAKU Acoustic Carbon
- 11 JOOLA Rossi Fire Flared